Wellnessdoc.com is dedicated to providing consumers with the latest health information that is credible and based on scientific evidence NOT hype, speculation or financial self-interest. As an educational portal, Wellness Doc is committed to teaching individuals an organized and systematic educational process for improving the health and wellness for themselves and their families. The end goal is to accomplish an increase in health span, lifespan, vitality and enjoyment of life.
Description of Purpose
Dr. Alan Palmer has been a practicing physician for 30 years and has spent that time studying and educating people on a wide spectrum of health and wellness related topics. Dr. Palmer became frustrated with trying to research health subjects on the internet realizing that so much of what’s out there is biased, unscientific or financially motivated.
He also realized that for the consumer without an education in nutrition, physiology, biochemistry or medicine, it was virtually impossible to search, identify and understand peer reviewed scientific articles, much less know how to apply the practical take-aways to their lives. Therefore a huge chasm exists between the wealth of valuable information published in peer reviewed journals and the public’s access to that information.
Dr. Palmer also realized that traditional allopathic medical doctors get very little training if any, in the areas of nutrition, wellness strategies and preventative medicine. Thus wellnessdoc was born out of his desire to help people to discern between health information that is non-beneficial or worse yet damaging, from that which can help them optimize their health potential, enjoyment of life and quite possibly, even their longevity. Hence the birth of Wellness Doc.
I have been a practicing chiropractor for 30 years. Originally from Minnesota, I graduated from Northwestern College of Chiropractic in 1985. Since 1996 and 1998 respectively, I have provided chiropractic care for the players, coaches and employees of the Arizona Coyotes National Hockey League Hockey Club and the Arizona Diamondbacks Major League Baseball Team. In addition, I provided care for the San Francisco Giants in spring training for 7 years. Since 1985 I have been studying functional medicine applications, Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) concepts and advanced clinical nutrition strategies. I welcome stubborn and complicated cases and those that traditional allopathic medicine has failed. One of my goals is to help people to reduce their dependency on medications. I do this by addressing the underlying causes of their illness or disease rather than treating their symptoms. This is accomplished by focusing on the restoration of normal healthy biochemistry and function through diet, exercise, supplementation and lifestyle modification.
I have definitely walked the talk for the past 40 years. My personal experience in exercise, body composition and muscular development came from years of my own bodybuilding, diet and lifestyle management. As a lifetime natural (all drug free) bodybuilder I have actively competed in thirty-eight national and international bodybuilding competitions, all the way up to the Natural Universe Competition. The competitions were drug tested using various methods such as urine, blood or lie detector testing. In those thirty-eight competitions, I was blessed to have won first place thirty times and second five times. I only mention that, because I want you to know that I have experienced what it takes to work hard to accomplish lofty goals I have set for myself. I never saw bodybuilding as a me against them proposition. It was also never an ego thing with me, as personal humility has always been a fundamental characteristic I strive to maintain. It was merely seeing what I could do with my own body by training hard and following a particular dietary strategy. In addition to applying those experiences, I use the latest scientific research in the fields of diet, supplementation, exercise and lifestyle management to counsel my clients about the safest and most effective ways to accomplish transformation of their health, fitness and body composition. I also used the experiences I gained from natural bodybuilding, to teach young people about the dangers of performance enhancing drugs.
A couple other items:
- I am in the process of finishing a book titled “Health Transformation for Life” which will also include an app and multimedia presentation formats.
- Wellnessdoc is designed to be a hub of information that people can rely on for unbiased information.
- Wellnessdoc.com is dedicated to providing consumers with the latest health information that is credible and based on scientific evidence NOT hype, speculation or financial self-interest. As an educational portal, Wellness Doc is committed to teaching individuals an organized and systematic educational process for improving the health and wellness of themselves and their families. The end goal is to accomplish an increase in health span, lifespan, vitality and enjoyment of life.
- Certified for treating Elite and Professional Athletes – C.E.P.A.
- Certified in treating Spine Trauma and automobile accident victims- C.C.S.T.
- Chiropractic Physician for hundreds of collegiate, professional and world class athletes
- San Francisco Giants Baseball Team – Chiropractic Consultant for Spring Training (1995-2002)
- Arizona Coyotes Hockey Club – Team Chiropractic Consultant (1996-2019)
- Arizona Diamondbacks Baseball Team – Team Chiropractor (1998-present)
- Phoenix Roadrunners Professional Hockey Club – Chiropractic Consultant (2008-2009)
- Founder of C.E.P.A., the Chiropractic Association for the Care of Elite and Professional Athletes, a National Chiropractic Sports Association – Dedicated to teaching chiropractic physicians how to build solid relationships with sports medicine providers in a team setting.
- Co-Founder of the United States Sports Chiropractic Federation U.S.S.C.F. – Providing chiropractic physicians for International Sporting Events held in the United States.
- Co-Developer and Assistant Director of the Professional Baseball Chiropractic Society (P.B.C.S.), probaseballchiros.com
- Founder of the Professional Hockey Chiropractic Association (P.H.C.S.), prohockeychiros.com