I like to use orange flavored Emergen-C. With the vanilla whey, it makes it taste like an orange dreamsicle. 😉
(Take 1 drink per day for prevention and 2 per day if exposed or developing symptoms)
In a glass of water, add:
- 1 Pack Super Orange Emergen-C (or similar powdered Vitamin C, mineral ascorbate formula)
- 1 Zinc capsule (30 mg). Prolonged or high zinc dosing should be offset with copper in a 15:1 zinc to copper ratio
- 1 Quercetin capsule (500 mg)
- 1 NAC- capsule (600 mg)
- 1 Selenium capsule (200 mcg). Take only 1 per day
- 3 grams powdered glutamine
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (I use cold filtered, non-hydrolyzed)
Mix with a wire whip or blender
In addition to all of the other immune modulating effects of these nutrient listed in my previous issues, they can act directly in the efforts against viral pathogens in the following ways.
- The Quercetin (a Zinc ionophore) and Zinc act together to deliver Zinc into your cells and inhibit viral replication (not just COVID-19, but all viruses).
- The NAC, Selenium, Glutamine and undenatured Whey Protein help your body make Glutathione, the “Master Antioxidant” and detoxifier.
- The Vitamin C increases activity and effectiveness of the Innate Arm of the immune system, including Natural Killer Cells, Neutrophils, Lymphocytes and Macrophages.
I also make sure that myself and my family maintain Vitamin D levels between 60 and 80 ng/mL. If you haven’t had your Vitamin D levels tested, you can order an at home test kit for just $70, postage included from and back to the lab. Order that here: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sh/qHdiKdW/vitaminD
If you don’t have access to high quality nutritional supplements and would like help with finding the above products, you can visit my store at Wellnessdoc.com HERE.
Download a copy of this Immune Drink recipe HERE.